By Opeyemi Obembe
Major brands around the world now use video as a marketing tool to reach their diverse audiences.
Video marketing is widely regarded as the present and future of marketing strategy. It is of importance for every brand and company to make use of good video contents to build themselves.
Video marketing provides brands with an attractive, versatile, and extremely shareable medium to reach their audiences.
Here are the 10 reasons many big brands make use of video marketing:
- Video marketing helps to boost landing page conversions and sales: Video marketing has proven to help increase conversion rates, engagement rates, and more.97% of video marketers reported that video increased user understanding of a product or service, and 76% reported video helped them increase sales.
- Video marketing helps to build trust: Video marketing can prove valuable to your business. While 83 per cent of brands believe their video marketing campaign is producing solid ROI, video marketing isn’t just about brand and product exposure, it is about fostering trust.
- Google loves video: Google loves video more than your 2000-word articles. Consumers like videos more than your 2000-word blog posts. Many marketers make the mistake of not connecting that everything Google does is done to help optimize search results for the end-user. Rather than fighting the changes in Google’s ranking system, Brands should really be looking towards these changes.
- Video appeals to mobile users: YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the amount of smartphone users is growing, your video audience keeps getting bigger and bigger.
- Video marketing helps in building brand awareness: Video helps people understand your product, service, or vision. Usually around 1-2 minutes in length, they capture the key messages of your brand and encourage viewers to find out more.
- Video marketing explains everything: Most big brands have an explainer video on their home page. Animation can bring concepts to life that no text or live video can. Besides, boring talking heads are not enough anymore to break through the clutter. Animated videos are a perfect combination of entertainment, nostalgia, and simplicity.
- Video drives traffic to the website and social media platform: Having a video on the page does not only helps you get traffic from video-specific search, but it can also increase your relevancy for certain queries, and therefore increase rankings and visibility in universal search too.
- Video engages people to watch and learn: The brain can process visuals much quicker than text. About 90% of the total information transmitted to the brain is visual. On top of that, the brain can process these visuals 60,000 times faster than text.
- Video encourages social shares: social sharing makes your video goes viral. The more people that share your video, the more views and overall engagement you’ll receive. People tend to share your video if they know how awesome it is.
- Video helps viewers retain 95% of the message and brand: Studies show that viewers are able to retain 95% of a message in a video compared to the 10% when reading written text. Videos make people want to share them on social media because they’re highly shareable and contain a lot of information minus the bulk. Also, our brains process visuals much quicker than text.
Want more insights?
Subscribe to our newsletter today.